Monday, May 18, 2015

18 May 2015 - Baptism!!



Dear Mom, 

We had a baptism this week as well!!
He´s the cousin of a the elder´s quorum president and it was super cool to teach him and get him ready! He was already prepared to receive all the commandments and never complained about fulfilling a commitment!
So happy I´m here on the mission! I´pretty sure he´ll go on a mission, although he only is 13 years old. 
Talking about missions, I don´t know if I already said this, but My recent convert, Lucas, got his mission call!! He´s going to the Rio de Janeiro mission!! I´m super happy for him! He´s gonna give em heaven!

We´re teaching this family that´s amazing! They feel really good about the Book of Mormon and feel like what we say is the truth! They´re also being prepared by the Lord because they´re already married!! Usually an issue is getting the investigators to get married before getting baptized, but we stared teaching and found out that they are already legal! 

We found out that our town has a library so we entered and found as a part of their collection 3 books of Mormon and a hymn book!
muito legal!

So we´re having another adventure here in Maranguape! The water was cut because of unpaid bills, but don´t even worry about it because we carry large buckets of water from our chapel to our house to take showers. At least now I´m obligated to exercise. Laziness is big in the morning....it´s still hot, but I used a long sleeve shirt the other day and everybody kept complaining about the heat, but for me it felt even cooler than usual. weird.

I´ll send some pictures next week of our baptism!
Hope all is well!
Love,
Elder Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment