Wednesday, September 3, 2014

1 Sept 2014 Burn baby Burn...

Dear Mom,
That´s so great that everybody´s well! So lucky! I hope I can travel around to my grandchildren like this when I´m...less young..haha. That´s good to hear from/about Kirk. Yeah I´d say that our church is really hot too, but everyone is used to it. However, we do have really good air conditioning units only for sacrament chapel and the bishop´s office. Yeah that happened to an Elder in the São Paulo Temple when I was there. I watched him put them down and then I remembered that they were his...haha It was sooo funny.. This big Brazilian picked up the skinniest and Tallest and tried to put him down to reach it!! 
Wow. I´m such a crybaby. When I read that last part about sons of thunder and your dream I just broke down. It was kind of like when you see a car hit a fire hydrant in a movie and it just spits out water really fast. It was almost like that..haha. speaking of fire coming down on houses, I met an elder who served in the states for a bit and him and his companion washed theirs garments and other clothes in a laundry mat. When they got back their garments were hanging in the windows for everyone to see. They asked the owner to take them down and he wouldn´t. They called the President of their mission and Still he wouldn´t take them down. So he grabbed them and as they left the president "shook the dust off his feet". The next day the who building burned down. The Elder said it was caused by an "electrical fire". BOOM! PRIESTHOOD!

Yeah so this week we received some more words of strong dislike from other people. Sometimes I just wish I couldn´t understand them because of how rude they are or the vulgar things they say. But i know that Jesus Christ already received these same insults and much more so that he could be there on the path right next to us. We started a marriage for a couple this week!! Did some other things like carving a honeydew lantern. Had a division too! I´m trying to do my best here on the mission! I love you all! Congratulations Jessie and Dallin! Welcome Hazen! Get ´em Joshie bear!

Love Elder Padilla



"Elder Da Hora and Padilla"



Apparently these belong to the top police in Brazil...they ride with huge gunners on the back!"




No comments:

Post a Comment