Monday, May 5, 2014

4-28-14 Family Back Home



Dear Mom,
That sounds fun! I´m glad my story got to make some people laugh there too! Yeah my Rockports are holding together better than my other shoes. Wow another! Uncle Johnny must like his toy collection! Wow! Josh´s and Kirk´s missions are coming up! That´ll be weird with just Luke in the house, don´t you think? Not that Luke´s not normal..it´s just..well anyways..haha..just kidding Luke! You´re more normal than josh was..haha. I´m sure josh will enjoy his little paparazzi photo shoot! 
So this week was pretty cool! We got to see the church ceremony for a newly married couple and baptized that same day! The other elders have been working with them since before I even got here. They went to Fortaleza to get married and got baptized this past Saturday! They´re amazing! They´re totally chill! We had a wedding reception kind of deal at the church and it was as much of a party as Elders are allowed to go to! Elder Persinger even caught the "guys bouquet" which was a tie with a small flower in it! It was just so fun and great to be able to be there! I hung with my crew which pretty much consisted of Douglas and Paulo! They´re pretty chill and are always laughing about something! They´re so silly! Haha We ate Brigadeiro at Mayara´s house with Lucas and Rayany. They´re all recent converts and super funny. So ate the beginning of this week Elder Kennedy had to go to Fortaleza to go to a mission training with people from the church via skype. They´re making some major changes in our mission and in the way we teach. They are no longer making gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlets and other lessons they´re shortening! It´s really exciting. All the changes they´re making will be so great for the work. We also had pizza with Lândia and that was amazing! We made a name for coca-cola which is "Suco de Pensar" because whenever we drink it it relaxes us and helps us think! It was a total joke, but the Coca-cola here is religion for them. So Transfers are moved to Wednesday this week and we´re going to have a mission conference then too! It´s gonna be crazy! I´m gonna see my buds from the MTC! I can´t wait! Then this Friday to come will be a mission tour. Not sure what that´s about. and before I know it, It´ll be mother´s day! That´s gonna be way cool to do that through skype. I was actually thinking about it and I remembered when Marc was on his mission and we were all crowded around the phone with the cord. I think cousins from Maryland were there too and it was so exciting to have that time to talk to him. Other than that I think that the time is moving really fast. 

I love you all with the intensity of the heat of Ceará.
Elder Padilla

P.S.- I used the quotes you sent me as my new cover.

These Goof balls! Elder Kennedy sings very well so he sang A thousand years while elder Santana played it on Piano. It was great!




Some of our investigators. We were taking them home after church. They´re potential missionaries!
Elder Rocha came back to baptize them! Helen and Andre!
 I used the quotes you sent me as my new cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment