Monday, February 17, 2014

2-17-14 Busy in the work...

This Past week has been great and a little not so great. This week we only had 28 lessons and 18 new investigators..haha..There´s so much work to be done here it´s ridiculous! So many people are so open to meeting the missionaries and taking the discussions! Yesterday we were supposed to have 3 baptisms, but they were postponed due to the church having no water or something. Anyways we should be doing it before next p-day. It´s pretty simple here! Way simple. We walk pretty much everywhere and the church is about a minute walk from our apartment. We don´t really need to used buses unless we´re being transferred. The pizza here is amazing!! It´s so good. Last p-day i made a cover for my planner so it doesn´t get all beat up. I put the temple on the back and then Clay, Caleb, and Owen on the Front. Our Ward mission leader is the coolest. His name is Jonathan and he´s about 20. He´s Training to be a missionary because he´s a convert so he goes out with us a bunch. Elder Rocha is from Manaos so he has a hilarious accent. He speaks no English and we have an American, My comp (speaks English), and me. So whenever I talk to him I´ll say like, Hey hook a brotha´up.(while asking for some water) he says`O que cara?´ which means What dude?. It´s so funny. I think we have 68-ish members. This past Saturday we taught the English class again and only one little kid came. It was funny. But we taught him how to pray in English and it wasn´t bad. He´s now an investigator and wants to be baptized! So one thing that I´ve been doing with my comp in collecting bottle tops with points from coca cola bottles so that we can turn them in to get garrafinhas. It´s a coca cola promotional thing and there are 18 different ones with countries on them in honor of the world cup. so far I have 8! And it ends in April. Well I miss you all and hope you endure the weather!
Love Elder Padilla
Elder Rocha is to my left. Jonathan is on the left end. Elder Persinger is next to my comp and then there are members and an investigator next to me.

The horse was right next to our Church building.


Back of Scripture Covers
Mini Cola Bottles

Front of Scripture Covers
Planner Cover- Nephews...

Planner Cover- DC Temple....


No comments:

Post a Comment